Friday, March 2, 2012

Dr. Seuss

Today is the birthday of the famous author/illustrator Dr. Seuss.
This day is celebrated in schools and libraries all across the land. Children are dressing up in character and there are a lot of green eggs and ham being served at meal times.
Dr. Seuss wrote 44 books for children, sold over 200 million copies, translated into 15 languages. Most people can name at least a handful of favorites.





I must now confess, I am not a fan of Dr. Seuss books. I don't really care to read them aloud and I don't love the illustrations. That's just me, you might collect them all!
Check out the fun activities in your area today and celebrate Dr. Seuss and his famous books.

Cooking Extension Idea:
Try Green Eggs and Ham today!
 


Check this site for a step by step recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment